Product Improvement Engineer.
Opdrachtgever: Zie Functieomschrijving.
department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of
new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families.
The department is split in 5 groups; Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo,
Base Engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine Aftertreatment. For the Base Engine
group we have an open position for an engine development engineer in the
running business group.
We have openings at a regular base; Feel free to apply when you are interested in comparable job openings in another department. Valid Dutch workpermit is obligatory
function you report to the supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project lead
engineer of the running business project team. The running business team is responsible
for maintaining the engines currently in production. In this team you have a
variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and mechanical component experts you develop new or adapt existing Constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons.
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals to resolve issues.
- You work closely together with EU and NA service organisation and testing department to quickly analyse and resolve emerging field issues.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques and Agile project management.
Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
English, Dutch and a valid workpermit
Capable of fast in dept expertise knowledge built-up
Engine component and system knowledge
Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress.
Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
In depth analysis of engine logs and customer field data related to engine fault codes
Analysis of complex set of data
Clear communication [both verbal as presentation wise]
- Pro-Active and result driven,
- Good organisational skills
- Experience with correlating field data with events is an advantage.
- Automotive [Engine Hardware] knowledge is a Pré
opnemen: Voor meer informatie kunt u contact opnemen met Henri Baltussen of Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00