Casting specialist engine development – Mechanical Expert jp2088
Pro-active team player for challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus
Within the truckdepartment, our Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the Base engine group we have an open position for a mechanical expert (casting specialist).
In your position as casting specialist on the engine development department you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project products, as well as running business activities.
You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers.
- Define test programs for the new components
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project.
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
- Team member in supplier selection process
- Team member during supplier audits (process robustness reviews)
- Maintain and develop casting related standards and working guidelines
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group.